in Psychology and Philosophy from Oxford University
- MBA from Cranfield School of Management (Winner of
A.T.Kearney prize and runner-up for Odger's prize).
- Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute
- Managing Partner, Clive Bennett & Associates 1999-
- European Executive Director, MGI Worldwide
(part time) 2010-
- Joint founding Partner of Ad Capita Executive Search.
Executive search, strategic HR consulting and executive coaching. (2001
- Managing Director of MacAndrews Portugal, now subsidiary
of global shipping group CMA-CGM, then of British shipping group, Andrew
Weir Shipping (1988 to 1997)
- Senior official of the UK House of Commons, including
2 years in charge of the Environment Select Committee (1979-1987)
- Fluent English, Portuguese and French. Reasonable Spanish.
Very basic German.
- Board Member, British-Portuguese
Chamber of Commerce (6 years)
- Board Member and Executive Committee, Portuguese Shipping
Agents' Association (5 years).
- Guest university lecturer in international business
culture, strategy and general management skills
- Author of various academic papers, studies of comparative
international management culture, as well as numerous newspaper and
magazine articles (see Ideas).
- Qualified translator and Member of the Chartered Institute
of Linguists (London).
- Portuguese President of the Cranfield Management Association
- Member of Oxford Business Alumni.
Clive Bennett & Associates
- Clive started his own executive
coaching, training and consulting business in 1999. In 2006 he bought
out 50% of one of Portugal's most respected head-hunting firms, Ad Capita
Executive Search, which he had originally co-founded in 2001. At Ad
Capita, as well as running many successful, top-level executive search
assignments, he continued his executive coaching and consulting activities,
concentrating more and more in this area as the Portuguese recruitment
market tightened. On leaving Ad Capita in 2010, he re-launched Clive
Bennett & Associates. He works with key partners in Portugal, the
UK, Belgium and Germany offering complementary competences in training,
research, accounting, legal and judicial, as well as several sector
- Incorporated in Lisbon, Portugal
in 2010 as Clive Bennett, Unipessoal, Lda.
- Lives mainly in Lisbon, Portugal, where he has been
based with his family since 1987. British nationality.
© 2011 Clive Viegas Bennett